About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty witchy world ..... Life has taken me on some amazing paths. Join me in my crafty path.

Monday, September 17, 2012

A Phoenix Rises...


So in my odd pursuit to try and bring my ‘gifts’ to the masses, I found myself being introduced to a lovely lady by the name of Doreen. Doreen founded a wonderful gallery in Thomaston, just about a year ago, called The Phoenix Rising Center. The center takes over the first floor of the old Seth Thomas Clock Tower on South Main Street.
There she has gathered some of the most amazing artist from all parts of the state. The center offers classes and workshops and even sometimes concerts.

So one day while perusing Facebook I noticed a shared post from my friend Allie..it was from this place called The Phoenix Rising Center...and this was the posting:

 Call for Artists - April Show at The Phoenix Rising Center
"Through the Eyes of Gaia" - a celebration of Mother Earth and Earth Day
Deadline for application extended to March 27th - drop off Monday April 2nd 2-7pm
Opening reception: Saturday April 7th 6-8pm
Application fee: a commitment to walk gentler on Mother Earth this month and to recycle more.
All mediums and all ages accepted - limit to 3 pieces -
your own interpretation of the theme is welcomed!
For more information contact Doreen at 860-294-1156 or email: doreen@thephoenixrisingcenter.com

And Allie posted “this sounds like you Jody”.....
Well I had just finished four pieces of art I like to refer to as Gevebaholtz Folk Art.
Gevebaholtz Folk Art is an ancient art form through which women told their stories. The joining of fiber and wood has been dated back many centuries and I found it the perfect medium to tell my stories… So I entered the April Art Show and was pleased to have my work hang in such a joyous place.

And to top off such a wonderful story...A few months after that Doreen asked if I would like to teach a mixed media class at the gallery in the fall...I said “Absolutely...sounds like fun” But that my friends is another story to be told.....However this story is what I call a happy beginning to a long friendship. Thanks Doreen for this wonderful opportunity!! 

-->

5 comments: